1. Subject to these terms and conditions you agree to pay for the service(s) set out in the documentation between you and Wheeltech Dundee Ltd.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that the ‘Booking In’ form or job sheet and any other documentation between us is accurate.
3. All vehicles must be supplied with the O.E.M. tool kit and locking wheel nut keys for removing and fitting wheels, where applicable.
4. All vehicles must be fully covered by your personal insurance whilst left with Wheeltech Dundee Ltd.
5. s Wheeltech Dundee Ltd shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage to goods or articles left in vehicles, or damage or mechanical fault of any vehicle (other than obvious damage which was not recorded when the vehicle was checked in) such as flat battery, clutch slipping, etc., caused to your vehicle whilst in the care of Wheeltech Dundee Ltd, except for damage caused by our negligence. Wheeltech Dundee Ltd will not accept liability for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your vehicle and in particular Wheeltech Dundee Ltd will not accept liability for any technical or structural damage to the wheels where such damage occurs due to pre-existing faults and/or wear and tear unless Wheeltech Dundee Ltd has been negligent in not realising that such damage may occur or in the way the work was carried out.
6. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of Wheeltech Dundee Ltd for death or personal injury caused by negligence. However, Wheeltech Dundee Ltd shall not be liable for any direct loss or damage suffered by you, howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract or otherwise in excess of the price paid for the service(s).
7. Wheeltech Dundee Ltd does not accept responsibility for the safe transport of wheels delivered and/or collected by courier; you should ensure that any courier you use is adequately insured.
8. It is your sole responsibility to check the condition of your tyres to ensure that they conform to all safety and legal requirements. We can supply and fit replacement tyres upon request.
9. Where wheels are delivered to be fitted on the vehicle, we will endeavour to ensure that all wheels are securely refitted following refurbishment, however you are advised to check the wheel nuts immediately upon collecting your vehicle and at regular intervals thereafter to ensure that the wheels are secure at all times.
10. We recommend that new valves are fitted to all wheels that require a strip and refit of tyres. Rubber valves are supplied free of charge. Chrome valves are available at a small additional charge. We accept no responsibility for leaks etc. where the original valves have been re-fitted at your request.
11. Wheeltech Dundee Ltd does not accept responsibility for damage to the valves or sensors within a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) where the valve cap has become damaged, corroded or fused to the valve. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform Wheeltech Dundee Ltd if a TPMS is in place. If we are unable to remove the system without damage and the TPMS components may be damaged and require replacement or repair the customer may incur additional charges. No work will be conducted without prior consent of the customer.
12. We will endeavour to refurbish all wheels to the best of our ability but cannot be responsible for poor castings or excessive corrosion. These problems are sometimes only apparent when the old finish has been removed. Other problems found can include:
a. the wheels/locking nuts/studs having been incorrectly maintained or modified;
b. any previous service or repairs which have not been properly carried out;
c. Any parts which have been wrongly fitted or the structure of the wheel /component.
13. Split rims are undertaken entirely at your discretion and responsibility as to the suitability of the refurbishment process (all dismantling and reassembly of split rims is your responsibility). Please note that recommendations regarding suitability for refurbishment, dismantling and reassembly of split rims vary between manufacturers. It is your sole responsibility to check suitability with the manufacturer. Please note split rims are not covered by Wheeltech Dundee Ltd.’s Guarantee.
14. Please be aware that certain high gloss finishes, such as ‘High Power Silver’ or ‘Gloss Black’ show blemishes more readily (depending on the condition of the wheels). We cannot guarantee a ‘perfect’ finish, but we do guarantee to improve the look of your wheels.
15. Wheels which are classed as in very poor condition upon delivery may incur an additional charge of £10 plus VAT per wheel. This is to cover the cost of chemical stripper and the additional labour required to refurbish such wheels. We will endeavour to contact you for agreement before continuing to carry out the work should this be the case.
16. We reserve the right to charge extra in the event of unforeseen problems, and in such circumstances we will endeavour to contact you for agreement before continuing to carry out the work.
17. Whilst we will endeavour to provide a two day turn around whenever possible, we can only assure this if:
a. the wheels are delivered to our premises no later than 8:30 a.m.;
b. the wheels do not have any hidden defects which may delay the process (which may not be apparent until the wheels have been stripped);
c. the wheels are 16 inches in diameter or less;
d. you require a ‘standard’ finish (TWS silver, black, white, charcoal, gold)
18. Wheels must be collected before 5:00 p.m. unless an alternative time has been previously agreed between us.
19. An estimated time and date for completion of the work shall be provided by Wheeltech Dundee Ltd when the job is booked in but Wheeltech Dundee Ltd will not have any liability for a failure beyond its reasonable control to complete the work by the estimated time and date of completion.
20. Unless other arrangements have been agreed beforehand, payment is due on completion of the repair of the wheel(s) and shall be by cash, credit or debit card (subject to any card processing fees which may be in force at the time of payment).
21. Vehicles/wheels will not be released until payment is made in full.
22. At our discretion there may be a fee of £5.00 plus VAT per night for completed vehicles left in our charge at our premises overnight if not collected at agreed time.
23. Loose wheels that are not collected within one week will result in a fee of £15.00 plus VAT per day from day 8 (day 1 being the day on which the wheels were refurbished). Wheels not collected after 90 days, if unpaid, will be sold to recoup the costs incurred.
24. You will be responsible for the vehicle once you have collected it from Wheeltech Dundee Ltd.’s premises.
25. Any complaints should be sent in writing (includes email) within 48 hours after you have collected your vehicle, to our Dundee Branch
26. Wheeltech Dundee Ltd offers a 12 month guarantee on all powder coat wheel finishes (including wet paint and powder coat combinations) provided that no chemicals other than those provided/supplied by Wheeltech Dundee Ltd have been used on the wheel(s) and that they have been subjected to normal road conditions only, i.e. no off road driving or damage caused by an accident. Wheeltech Dundee Ltd shall judge whether to repair/replace/refund in such circumstances and their decision shall be final. Please note Wheeltech Dundee Ltd 12 Month Guarantee is only valid on powder coat (including wet paint combinations) finishes. It does not apply to Diamond Cut, Split Rims or Polished wheels.
27. Claims under Wheeltech Dundee Ltd guarantee are settled by free rectification or (at Wheeltech Dundee Ltd discretion) a refund equal to the portion of the invoice price representing the unsatisfactory repair. Any refund or liability shall be limited to a maximum of the amount quoted upon the estimate or invoice. Wheeltech Dundee Ltd will not be liable for any consequential loss incurred as a result of a repair. It is incumbent on you to keep a receipt as proof of work carried out. Any warranty claim made without a receipt shall be at Wheeltech Dundee Ltd discretion.
28. These terms of supply of services will be subject to Scottish law and the Scottish courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the agreement.
29. Wheeltech Dundee Ltd shall not be liable for any failure to perform any of its obligations to you where the failure is due to circumstances beyond Wheeltech Dundee Ltd reasonable control, including, without limitation, Act of God, war, civil disturbance, flood, lightning or fire, industrial action or lockouts, the act or omission of Government or any agent thereof, the act or omission of any person for whom Wheeltech Dundee Ltd is not responsible.
30. Wheeltech Dundee Ltd reserves the right to revise and amend these terms from time to time. You will be subject to the terms in force at the time of the booking.